Skip to content

Cart

Your cart is empty

Candle Care and Advice

 Our guide to getting the best out of your candle and staying safe!


WARNING - FIRE HAZARD
  • Ensure that you remove all packaging from your candle before use. Do not use your candle if the container is damaged.
  • Always position candle:
    • On a level, heat resistant surface
    • Away from the reach of children and animals 
    • Away from flammable items that could catch fire
    • Away from other heat sources and direct sunlight.
      NB: Due to the nature of wax, high ambient temperatures can affect your candle and the wax may soften or 'sweat' - this is a normal response since candle wax has a melt point. Try and keep your candle placed in a cooler / shaded area to prevent adverse wax reactions or spoiling. 
  • Burn candle in a well ventilated yet draft-free area to ensure a stable flame and burn period. 
  • The first burn of the candle is key. This should be for approx 3 to 4 hours (no more) to allow the melt pool to fill to the edges of the candle container as far as possible. This will help to minimise tunnelling and wastage on future burns and prolong the life of your candle. Subsequent burns should last no longer than 3 to 4hrs at a time (less for smaller candles).
  • Use a candle snuffer to extinguish your candle.
  • CAUTION: Always allow your candle to fully cool before handling.
  • Before each burn trim wick to between 5mm and 1cm.
  • Keep the candle surface and melt pool area free from debris and wick trimmings.
  • Do not eat your candle. If consumed, seek immediate medical advice.
  • Stop using the candle when only1cm of wax remains.
  • Please always dispose of your candle responsibly and in accordance with your local disposal guidelines.
  • For scented candles please read additional safety information relating to allergens (see product CLP label).
  • NEVER leave a burning candle unattended.